Saturday 24 March 2007

"Difficult words in Polish-English translation"

A couple of months ago I bought an interesting book, "Difficult words in Polish-English translation" (Ch.D. Kozłowska), which is more like a quick reference for translators and not only, in which you can find translations of words and phrases that are said (and I agree here) to be problematic. Apart from the clear structure, there are also many example sentences accompanied by their translations. Personally, I like this book because it's easy to find a desired translation (obviously within the limited number of words and phrases) when in doubt.

As you already know my standpoint on this book, for a certain period of time I would like to quote some words and phrases that for me are particularly interesting due to their problematic nature.

pavlow

1 comment:

AgataL said...

Great! This looks really promising! :)